Have you noticed that around 90% of the "Images" mentions are actually from Instagram? Well, we have!
Hence, we thought it would be helpful to make some changes in the way we categorize the mentions for you, so you can monitor and listen better to social media.
What is changing?
All Instagram mentions are being moved from the "Image" source to a new "Instagram" source.
- All the other "Images" mentions are being moved to the "Web" source.
- The "Images" source has been removed from the product.
Since it impacts old and new mentions, you will be able to monitor properly the trends for each source of mentions.
What is the impact?
Starting from today, it will take up to 1 week to change the source of the old "Images" mentions for the adequate one.
During this week, you may not be able to find all the previous "Images" mentions when you use the "Instagram" or "Web" filter in the Feed, the Reports or the Insight Center.
After one week, all your mentions will have an adequate source.
- If you had an Alert monitoring "Images" and "Web", there will be no impact on the overall volume of mentions.
- If you had an Alert monitoring "Images" but not "Web", the overall volume of mentions you will be lower than what it used to be: your Alert will not include the images (old and new) that are not from Instagram anymore.
- If you had an Alert monitoring "Web" but not "Images", the overall volume of mentions you will be higher than what it used to be: your Alert will include images (old and new) that are not from Instagram, in addition of other Web mentions.
What about my existing settings?
In a nutshell: the "Images" source has been automatically changed by an "Instagram" source in all parts of the settings.
- An Alert which used to monitor the "Images" source is now monitoring the "Instagram" source instead.
- A Smart Folder which used to filter "Images" source is now filtering the "Instagram" source instead.
- A module in a Report which used to display the "Images" mentions is now displaying "Instagram" mentions instead.
If you wanted to have images like Pinterest or Flickr in these Alert, Smart Folder or Reports, you can add the "Web" source to have them.